View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 12:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Crissytal
Base Member

Drives: to work
Crissytal is on a distinguished road
Default GTHaus Meisterschaft Axleback Review

Hello Everyone,

After months of research and lots of debate on what exhaust to get, I finally decided on the GTHaus Meisterschaft axleback. Gains are not something I was concerned with so that opened up my options a bit. I was looking for a sound improvement. I spent hours looking at various videos of every catback, axleback, and muffler delete I could find. Not much impressed me. Then I stumbled on GTHaus’ Meisterschaft. I kept researching other options, but found myself going back to the Meisterschaft.

Here is my review:

It arrived a few weeks after ordering. The packaging was excellent. Everything that was needed to bolt up to my stock mid-pipe was included.

The build quality is excellent. It’s a work of art really.

I was a bit surprised at how much smaller the Meisterschaft is compared to the stock exhaust.

Everything bolted up without any issues. I did pre-treat the bolts holding the muffler with PB Blaster a few days before I installed it. They were rusted up pretty good. I found that removing the hangers made the install go so much smoother and faster.

I really like how the Meisterschaft muffler tucks up almost completely under the bumper. I’m personally not a fan of those that hang down.

I’ve had the axleback on my car for about a month now. I absolutely love it! The tone compliments the car very well and it’s quite a bit louder than the stock exhaust. It sounds as unique as it looks. I have a 350Z as well with the S-tune exhaust. It put the 370Z to shame while it had the stock exhaust on. Now I much prefer the tone and sound of the 370Z.

The cold starts are fairly loud. It settles down after it runs for a few minutes and isn’t much louder than stock at idle. It has a nice rumble at lower RPMs and screams in the higher range. My car is a completely stock 2014 base with the exception of R2C drop-ins (not much of a mod I know) and the Meisterschaft muffler. With this setup, it starts to get noticeable around 3000 RPMs.

I just went on a 270 mile trip over the weekend. I had absolutely no issues with the exhaust being too loud (unless I wanted it to be). There's no drone at all. I can just barely hear it in the car with the windows up, radio off, going 60-65 mph while climbing a mild incline. I live in the mountains and some sections of the interstates are far from flat.

Here is a short video of some revs. It really is difficult to capture the full sound. This video doesn’t do it justice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFGCWnG7O-0

Thanks for reading!
Crystal

Last edited by Crissytal; 10-27-2016 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Added a couple pictures.
Crissytal is offline   Reply With Quote