View Single Post
Old 10-26-2016, 06:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
Davey
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '15 NISMO 6MT
Davey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond repute

I actually really like the Z's manual. I have owned a few 370Z's (too many... I keep trying to leave and it keeps sucking me back in) and I've never had an issue with the 1st to 2nd shift at redline if I didn't rush the shift. Shifting smoothly but quickly, it works fine. Slamming it into 2nd like you're going for the best ET at your local drag strip might be different, but I don't know, because I don't drive the car like that.

Honestly I think the Z transmission is quite good; it's the clutch slave cylinder which you have to watch out for.

I would say if it's a fun weekend car then definitely the Sport package (and definitely a manual!) vs. touring wins, since you can't get both anymore (except used) but since you say it's a DD I'd say stick with what you have, unless you really want a manual transmission. Actually if I were buying a Z for mostly DD duties, I'd probably pick the touring with a 6 speed, but for your use there's nothing wrong with an automatic.

Last edited by Davey; 10-26-2016 at 06:38 PM.
Davey is offline   Reply With Quote