View Single Post
Old 10-24-2016, 07:05 AM   #36 (permalink)
madeinjapan
Banned

Drives: 2013 g37x 2014 370z
madeinjapan has a reputation beyond reputemadeinjapan has a reputation beyond reputemadeinjapan has a reputation beyond reputemadeinjapan has a reputation beyond reputemadeinjapan has a reputation beyond reputemadeinjapan has a reputation beyond reputemadeinjapan has a reputation beyond reputemadeinjapan has a reputation beyond reputemadeinjapan has a reputation beyond reputemadeinjapan has a reputation beyond reputemadeinjapan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitarm View Post
All of you who are planning to buy nrg hubs for their 370z's please dont do it, it is a waste of money!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by definitionxmk View Post
^thanks! Yeah i called NRG earlier and we DO have to remove the clockspring. All it was is to remove the bottom plastic housing and getting to the three screws tying the whole clockspring unit down. While removing the clockspring, there are two clips on each side of the unit... once you get them out, wiggle it free. Place the hub on top then screw it down. Replace the bottom plastic for the housing and you are ready to install the aftermarket steering wheel.

WARNING the air bag, VDC OFF, and the slip light (all three) will be on. I forgot to mention having to plug in the horn adapter but i didnt do that because i could not find instructions/directions on what holes i had to plug them in. ill post some pics when i get home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitarm View Post
Here is the actual situation of my steering wheel removed...my problem is that i cant fit the nrg hub...please suggest some solution...i am desperate
ok update

all you have to do is dremel off the right connector

unless your wheel uses it then you might be out of luck (mine didnt)

also

he is right it is the 3rd wire from the right not the left nrg messed up for the horn

easy fix also tho unclip the connector and pull the wire out
madeinjapan is offline   Reply With Quote