View Single Post
Old 10-22-2016, 09:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
ghotnit
Base Member

Drives: '14 Nismo 370z
ghotnit is on a distinguished road
Default Synolimit's ported components / E85 / ECU Tek/results

I'll post this here since it covers multiple subjects

Very busy car week. I spent the week upgrading several parts on the car. Fuel pump, injectors, intake manifold and throttle bodies. I also retuned the car with ECU Tek. The results were all positive with a bump of 18 extra WHP and 8 lb-ft of torque at peak on a NA engine.
I installed Deatschwerks’ DW fuel pump with their 1000cc injectors. Before the flaming starts, I plan to boost the car and will need the capacity down the road. The injectors are running at 49% duty cycle on E85. The pump and injectors are almost plug and play. On the pump you need to cut out the inner ring in the carrier so the pump will go in far enough as the DW pump is longer. The injectors are also slightly longer with the pigtail adapters so you need to finagle them in place.
Next it was out to Columbus, Ohio to install Synolimit’s ported TBs, upper and lower intake manifold. Scott was awesome to work with and I highly recommend getting the TBs and manifold. I investigated the other products on the market and chose Synolimit’s offering as it made the most sense. The fact that he port matches all the components together, I feel, is the most logical approach. The upper manifold can only be enlarged so far and the idea of running a large throttle body with an adapter to choke back down did not make any sense to me. The manifold can go to 63mm so I will use 63mm TBs. The cost is really good also. For under $900, I got all three parts which is slightly more than the throttle bodies alone. The parts went in with no issues especially with Scott right there. I liked working with Scott as he is a perfectionist like me.
Then it was out to Dynosty in Kentucky for the ECU Tek tune. I wanted to take advantage of the timing control so I could get the benefits of E85 and also have a 91 (premium here in Kansas City) map plus all the other bells and whistles. Logan and Hal were also awesome to work with. Great guys and very knowledgeable. Dynosty is a professional class act and I recommend them for any work you might need.
After all was said and done, the car put down 330WHP and 264 torques (as Jeremy Clarkson would say) on E85 and 323/260 on 91. There is clearly a difference using E85 when the car is tuned and setup to use it. If you have the fuel capacity to supply the need and control the timing, there is a definite advantage to E85.
The ported components from SYNOLIMT clearly work. The last dyno I had was when I did the intake, test pipes and exhaust 2 years ago. This is not an optimal comparison but 2 years ago I pulled 312/256 in Kansas City and now the current configuration is 331/266 at peak. Here are the charts for comparison. The charts from 2yrs ago were on 91 octane using Uprev. The comparison with the ported components is an increase of 11 whp and 4 torques using the 91 octane numbers. The ability to control the timing is a clear advantage for ECU Tek. Since there is no real octane sensor on the engine, it's the best way to take advantage of different fuels.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Glen Hotnit's 370z HP.jpg (175.7 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg Glen Hotnit's 370z TQ.jpg (148.7 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg gh 91.jpg (232.0 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg gh e85.jpg (234.2 KB, 43 views)
'14 Nismo AAM 3" TD / AAM Test pipes / AAM CAI / Lowered on Swift / Synolimit Ported TB, upper and lower manifold /DW 1000cc injectors and 340 pump / ECUtek tuned by Hal @ Dynosty / 331whp/268wtq on E85

Last edited by ghotnit; 10-25-2016 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Added dyno charts
ghotnit is offline   Reply With Quote