Thread: Food thread!
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2016, 12:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
YzGyz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Nismo
YzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond repute

The PP was ok. It was not tender enough. Internal temp needed to get closer to 200f for it to really pull easy. I got tired and hungry from constantly smelling the smoke so I pulled them from the MES with internal temp (IT) of 187. That's 10f sooner than I should have but I have been smoking them since 3:30 pm and pulled them right before midnight. They had an awesome bark on them and made the whole kitchen smell like smokey goodness. After I pulled them I placed them in a big container with lid, wrapped the container with a towel and let them sit for 2 hours before I started shredding them. They were tender but not fall apart tender. Some pieces were perfect while other needed more pulling to shred. This is all because I stopped smoking them too early which I knew. Next time I'm defiantly smoking them to an IT of 195f-200f.

Anyhoo, They tasted great in the sammiches. We added a little BBQ sauce or mustard, toss to evenly distribute and lay them in a bun, roll, loaf, taco shell, ect with some fixing and umm good!

Who's next to give me cooking ideas?

YzGyz
YzGyz is offline   Reply With Quote