View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 10:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dreadnaught
Track Member

Drives: 14 SR 370z 6MT
Dreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond repute

I would definitely start by changing all of your fluids. I would also change your cabin filter and engine air filters if they need it. I change my cabin filter and engine air filters every 12,000 miles. Or depending on where one may live you may have to do it more frequently. As for the fluids, this can depend too on driving style.

Inspect your belt on both the inside and outside for signs of cracking. Spark plugs I would say to hold off on them for now. I would also clean your throttle bodies if they have never been done.

As for your battery, check and correct the electrolyte level in each cell. I would also test the battery if you can. I'm sure your local auto parts store can do that for you.

Also, do a thorough under hood and under vehicle inspection. Start by ensuring all of your lights work both in the cabin and on the outside. Activate your blinkers, low beam, high beam, reverse lights, hazards and parking lamps. Ensure that your headlamp and tail light housings are not cracked. Ensure that all of your windows are not damaged.

Open the hood and inspect from left to right. Check for damaged or missing hardware, leaks, rodent damage, etc.

Get the car up on the lift if you can and inspect your tires inner and outer sidewalls and tread for punctures and damage. Check the sway bar end links for torn boots. Check all suspension bushings for cracks and or fluid coming from them. Check all brake lines for damage. Check for any sign of leaks from such things as the transmission, upper and lower oil pan, rack and pinion, differential, etc. Check your exhaust for any damage. Check for missing or damaged components under the vehicle as well. Check that all fuel lines are ok. Check and measure your brake pads and Mic the rotors.

Last edited by Dreadnaught; 10-22-2016 at 05:21 PM.
Dreadnaught is offline   Reply With Quote