View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 11:24 AM   #102 (permalink)
Kyle@STILLEN
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Toyota Tundra
Kyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond repute

Here are the pictures. Keep in mind these are prototype pieces. I did not spend any time in setting up the lights or the camera to make them look all pretty for advertising photography. I am terrible with setting that photography stuff up (lol) but I just wanted to show you pictures of the new intake manifold.

This intake manifold started life on the computer. Our engineers used their 3 dimensional CAD programs to develop the intake manifold then they printed out a 3 dimensional plastic model. This plastic model is known as a "rapid prototype" and basically allows us to check fitment and confirm that our engineering is accurate. Unfortunately I do not have a good quality picture to show of that rapid prototype piece right now. During its testing life the plastic prototype has been changed and modified so it does not look very presentable in its current state.

Here are some photos from the CAD development:

As you can see we have relocated the driver's side throttle body to be inline with the passenger side. This will allow us to have equal air pressure to each throttle body and a more consistent airflow. Also, by changing the intake manifold we can install our dual pass intercooler which will cool the air charge right before the air goes into the motor. Another added benefit is lengthening the intake runners which will also improve torque and accleration.

Here are some photos of the prototype castings. These are raw castings so they will still need to go through the machining process to have all of their mounting surfaces faced and drilled and tapped but these images will at least show you the progress that is being made.

Enjoy!

Kyle@STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote