View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 02:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jawz1968
Base Member

Drives: 2013 370z cherry 6sp
Jawz1968 is on a distinguished road

I found the answer to this problem and it may be of use to some other owners of the RJM clutch pedal modification. The symptom I was experiencing with the dash message of the rear hatch open warning and the door switches opening and closing reacting to the alert code were all caused by a loose connection to the upper sensor pin switch not having solid contact with the clutch arm. The original assumption was that this switch only cancels the cruise control may be an over simplification of it's complexity. I think this switch is tied into many other sensors dealing with speed and acceleration. But after having replaced the rear hatch latch with no results, I returned to the other most likely suspect of my recent pedal install. I readjusted the clutch slave arm eliminating any excess play and firmly tightened down the set screw on the arm setting the top sensor pin tightly on the clutch pedal arm. This stopped the problem immediately. So if anyone experiences a similar problem after installing the clutch pedal please make sure you have good solid contact with the top sensor eliminating any intermittent contact caused by rough roads or uneven pavement. Thanks, Jeff
Jawz1968 is offline   Reply With Quote