Thread: Winter Beaters
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2016, 06:04 AM   #36 (permalink)
POS VETT
Track Member

Drives: Z34|C4LT4|C6Z06|V25
POS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
For those in Northern areas..?what do you drive for a winter beater. I was sweating using my clean Z for my first winter ownership. Just bought a 99 GMC Yukon 4x4. ( 125K miles for $1500). Its a tank that will lpow through the salt and crap. The Z can spend much more time in my garage. It will come out to play when the roads are dry and clear however......
My '11 Z is one of the winter beaters; my wife drives it year-round. It's equipped with oversized winter tires to boost ground clearance. It also has paint protection film applied to numerous areas to resist paint chipping (the perk of having a very good friend who installs film for a living).

I myself drive a '16 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT (a twenty-foot long and six-thousand-pound Standard Crew) year-round, moreso in the winter. It does more than decent in the snow even with its mediocre all-terrain-type tires. The '16 is a 4WD which is my first 4WD truck; previous ones were 2WD. The automatic locking rear differential (not a limited-slip) and transfer case Auto 4WD mode in it allows for a, umm, "hooliganism close to complete abandon"
POS VETT is offline   Reply With Quote