View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 10:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
greasebeast
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z
greasebeast is on a distinguished road

i did this recently, the best is to follow the procedure outlined by Joe@zspeed, i got a very firm clutch pedal using this technique. You should be able to do this by yourself in like 10 minutes and half a bottle of brake fluid, no need for a buddy. Make sure to pump very slowly. I gave it 5 seconds or so for each clutch pedal pump. if you go too quick you'll froth the clutch fluid and create air bubbles. Keep in mind the below instructions are for a fresh slave cylinder install so it assumes your system is dry, but the same principles apply.

Loosen slave cylinder bleed screw in short SS line.
Fill Reservoir with fresh Dot 3 , Dot 4 or Dot 5.1 (DOT 3-4 compatible) brake fluid and let sit for 2-3 minutes keeping reservoir full, Fluid level should slowly lower, If it does not call us as your master cylinder adjustment may be off.

With bleeder slightly open at slave line, Pump pedal by hand completely and slowly (pausing at the top for a second or two) 10-20 times making sure pedal is pulled completely up on each stroke by hand to distribute fluid through system making sure to keep reservoir full. Allow system to Gravity bleed for approx 2-3 minutes keeping reservoir full. Close bleeder valve.

Pump pedal 15-20 times, Release pedal and pull to full up position. Open bleeder and allow to gravity bleed for an additional 1-2 minutes. Close bleeder and pump pedal until you get a full returning pedal
If clutch pedal will not return fully master cylinder may be weak and in need of replacement.
greasebeast is offline   Reply With Quote