View Single Post
Old 10-16-2016, 09:41 PM   #28 (permalink)
Larso1
Base Member

Drives: 12 Nissan 370Z T M6
Larso1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopsZ View Post
Hey, I'm just saying... For an enthusiast, they're going for a manual, not an auto. Your average American Joe-Schmoe on the other hand, well you know... Whether that means anything to you or not, then so be it.

It's blue and an auto... Maybe try parking it in front of a nail or hair salon. You might have better luck in those locations.
I think this is pretty much the truth in most cases. My feeling is, again in most cases, those who drive an auto trans sports car were never taught by their dad how to drive a stick. There, I said it. Case in point: my SIL. My son, on the other hand, always insists on a manual in his vehicles. Although maybe that will change when he gets married, for practical reasons, the wife will no doubt insist that her car has an auto.�� But otherwise why would you drive a "true sports car" with an auto trans if a manual was offered? I mean, cars like the Z06 and Viper are only offered with a manual. (Only newer super cars like Ferrari, Lambo, and Porsche notwithstanding since they may not offer a manual in certain models)

Last edited by Larso1; 10-16-2016 at 10:24 PM.
Larso1 is offline   Reply With Quote