View Single Post
Old 10-14-2016, 03:34 AM   #15 (permalink)
jchammond
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13’ 370Z TS 7A/T
jchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by YzGyz View Post
You don't heat up street tires.. They get sloppy and oily when heated up. At most you would spin it really fast to scrub junk off it but that's it. Race tires like slicks, 2ply or drag radials need to heat to get sticky. But still, you guys are fast. I'd have a hard time winning in the 1/8 against you guys. I thin my 1 run was all luck or messed up timer. But, i'll still claim it.. lol

YzGyz
When you have no option but to drive through the water trap to stage; you'd better heat them up....& yes/they will get sticky & bite better.....my tires cold & dry will spin through 1st 2nd & into 3rd before biting/ but with a 1-2nd burnout,I can get her to hook.
Depends on the rubber compound of the tire/// but getout & touch your tires after a burnout & most tracks put down a VHT type adhesive to help.....so I would have to argue that one.
I agree that you can overspin one/ but my past history has helped more than hurt.

http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...s-musings.html
jchammond is offline   Reply With Quote