View Single Post
Old 10-13-2016, 07:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
YzGyz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Nismo
YzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dear Junkman, friends or anyone who can help.

Hello and good day all.

Simply stated, I have a problem. My front windshield has some terrible spots and blotches that does not bead water off well. When it rains, these spot/blotches greatly fuzz up my windshield and blurs driving vision. I'm not sure how they got there but it's horrid. When the windshield is dry, it is perfectly clear. It's only when it is wet that the blotches show up and get cloudy.

I have not put anything like rain-x on any glass. The only thing that touches my car is green turtle wax car soap that comes in a big jug, Meguire's interior detail and cleaner (I use on the inside of the car), and a white spray windshield cleaner that is ammonia free and safe for tint (they sell it at sam's in a 3 or 4 pack). The only other thing that may have splashed onto the windshield is Meguire's cutting and polish compound and Meguire's Mirror glaze Synthetic Sealant 2.0.

I thought it was grease spots from all the construction in Houston so I tried carefully wiping it away with a little de-greaser on a towel but no go. I then got really paranoid that the de-greaser would strip protestant layer form my paint and got a crap ton of wet towels and wiped the glass a few times to rid of any de-greaser that may be on the windshield. I have tries scrubbing with water and the green dish scour pad in hopes it will roughly buff whatever junk it is off but still no go.

Any help or ideas on how to rid of this junk?

YzGyz
YzGyz is offline   Reply With Quote