View Single Post
Old 10-12-2016, 03:08 PM   #26 (permalink)
ChopsZ
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z GM 6MT
ChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond repute

I've had my EcuTek for about 3 weeks or so now, and unfortunately, still only running the base "off the shelf" tune even though I have the Z1 intake now installed as well as the HKS CBE. Seb wants to wait to move forward until I get those ART pipes installed.

The thing that sucks about that is something keeps coming up, postponing the install. First attempt when installing the HKS, my installer couldn't get those stupid demon bolts to budge. He tried for an hour straight and nothing. Two weeks ago, I was supposed to go back to have him try again, but I had to work instead. Then that weekend while installing my intake, I aggravated a cyst that's been on my back for years, it ruptured and got nasty, stinky and oozy. Yesterday, I took the day off work to go to the dermatologist to get it lanced. It now has 20 inches of packing in it that needs to be pulled out 2" a day.

Anywho, I hate delays and want to get the ART pipes on so I can get the shelf tuned dialed in so we can move on to Maps 2 & 3. With that being said, my Z does feel a lot better even with the unaltered shelf tune. It's more responsive, more lively, most likely thanks to the throttle hi-jack. I can say though, with the addition of the intake, it now pulls hard all the way to redline whereas before it felt like it somewhat plateaued after 6k rpm.