View Single Post
Old 10-12-2016, 01:08 AM   #25 (permalink)
Ventruck
Track Member

Drives: '13 Sport+Touring M6
Ventruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosshog104 View Post
You guys talked me into the ecutek + seb. Just ordered online and should be here in a few days. Looking to improve the fun factor on this car.

I only have tubes and k&n drop ins, along with a berk hfc (which I love). Looking fwd to faster throttle response and off the line torque. Watched a few guys on you tube, and noticed a huge difference in 7at shifts.

Wish I had a manual though, would love to have the option of launch control. Well see how it goes and I'll try to contribute here.
Seriously, the car is much more fun. Perhaps what it should've been.

Small update is that I was sometimes getting jerky throttle cutsif I had to juggle the clutch in stop-and-go (so not to relevant to you mechanically). Throttle input goes in a weird loop. Seb sent over a revised tune that tones thrown the response and helped it.

And it did. Almost goes away altogether in Map 1, but I went back to the original flash/tune because I loved the higher response. I'm just going to settle with acting slower in stop-and-go instead of hanging with every inch in slow traffic. Technically that's how I was with the garbo stock clutch and flywheel so nothing new.

But big takeaway is Seb was helping me Friday night and responding through the weekend. Even if stuff may be a few clicks away for him, he still took some time away from leisure to help a customer, and in other threads I've seen him do it for others. I hate thinking about work on weekends so it means a lot to me because like you, I don't even have major engine mods (just tubes and filters) and opted for an off-the-shelf tune. Of course don't go demanding/expecting it from him — he shouldn't have to act outside of his work week unless there's a catastrophic emergency — but he evidently will flex sometimes.

Paying for an upgrade and awesome service.
Ventruck is offline   Reply With Quote