View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 09:14 PM   #49 (permalink)
AK370Z
Administrator

Drives: 09 370Z MB Sports M6
AK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeSemdyZee View Post
OK. I was a good boy and read every single post in this thread, but didn't find the answer.

AK, did you just swap the TPMS from your stock rims over to the winter rims or did you get them from Tirerack. I thought about getting a set with the TPMS from TR, but I'm not sure if they work properly or not. They come with some kind of "resetting" tool, but I'm clueless how well it works with our cars.
I did not swap TPMS from 19" rims. I bought my winter rims WITH TPMS from Tirerack. You do have to take the car to the dealer after each swap to reset the TPMS. It takes less than 2 minutes to do it but they charge you half hour labor because that's the lowest they can charge. Some dealers will do it for you FREE of charge but my dealers around here are not too friendly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35guy84 View Post
Hey AK,

As you know, I have the exact same winter tire setup as you. Personally, I find the amount of tuck with the rear wheels to be ugly as hell. Did you buy wheel spacers yet or are you going to wait to buy them until you put your Rays wheels back on? I just lowered my Z, and with the winter wheels it looks like crap. I don't want to buy wheel spacers until I've got the Rays back on to ensure a good flush look, but I wanted to know if you've tried to improve the cosmetics of your winter setup.

Anyone else, please feel free to chime in. What I really want to know is what you think is the BEST, MOST FLUSH look on a lowered Z with Rays wheels. I know there is a thread talking about wheel spacers, but it doesn't directly address my question.

Much obliged,

Eric
No spacers ERIC. These rims more like a purpose rims than "looker". I never put spacers before so I don't know what's involved. I am gonna swap it end of March so it's only 3 months to go. Since I put on only from November to end March, i just live with the gap.
My Monterey Blue Z ll My Exhaust --> My Intake --> G3
Nissan's Official Response Regarding Oil Temp Issue: CLICK HERE
Need a Set of Cheap Winter wheels /Tires? Then Visit The Banner Link Below and Place Your Order. You'll Help Keep The370Z Alive.
AK370Z is offline   Reply With Quote