View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 09:12 AM   #10 (permalink)
Z&I
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370z 6MT FI
Z&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by YzGyz View Post
Rep for fellow racer looking for better times.

The front end does lift some. Not as much as other cars but it does. I think she will lift more as the back end gets more traction and really launches her out the hole.

I also forgot to mention that I run stock tires in the front and NT05r at the track.

I pump up the front tires to 40 psi to help shift some of the weight to the back (it's minimal but I believe it helps some). The back drag radials are dropped anywhere from 25-20 psi while hot. I swap my rears out at home on the lift then drive to the drag strip on them. By the time I get there and pass Tech, they have long been warmed. I drop the rear psi then.

YzGyz
You're right ... the front does lift a little but not quite enough to be much of a factor - for now that is.
At the track I do the same - pumping up the front tire pressure to 40 and the rears down to 24.

1st time back at the track [hopefully within the next couple of weeks] I'll be doing some test passes.
Gotta check with the tech to see what the track policy is on Test and Tune if I go under 11.5 __
Don't want to get banned for the day and sent home to get more safety modifications done.

Depending on the policy I might not be able to make a full pass, but I'm thinking the car should get in to the 10's.

Now about that fishing tale ... once got stuck in an off shore storm ... we were out there being bounced around for 8 hours, seas were really heavy and the boat nearly rolled over twice.

I was so seasick that I couldn't move and one of the guys held me in place by my belt so I wouldn't get washed overboard.
When we got back to port I couldn't walk straight and had to go to the emergency room once I got home.

They gave me a shot of something that knocked me out for over 24 hours.
Missed work the next day - in fact I didn't remember anything at all until Tuesday when I woke up.

My equilibrium was wacky for a few months afterwards and had a hard time walking down a hallway without bumping in to the walls.

Didn't catch any fish - and no pretty waitresses either !!!
I was a scuba diver for a number of years - and I enjoy fish in their natural habitat :-)

Will post track results ...