View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 12:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
YzGyz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Nismo
YzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z&I View Post
YzGyz...
Looks like you have been doing a ton of research on the subject - and I agree with a lot of what you have mentioned here.

Our cars don't really lift the front enough to bounce [not yet at least with stock suspension] this is due to the IRS and the squat.
Your conclusion here regarding the shift of weight transfer and loss of traction and acceleration in this instance is spot on though.

I also am limited in doing 'test hits' to dial in the launch - RPM, Traction Control [EcuTEk], etc.
No real safe out of the way place to do it since I live in a congested metropolitan area.

I can get away with one test maybe, but then have to keep moving on.
I did try doing short burn outs with my buddy watching from behind...observing the amount of squat and the contact patch.
The 19" M/T's did a fair job of countering the squat at '0' camber during the burn outs.

The LSD and the EcuTek would help you towards your goal of getting in to the 11's.

I think the Drag Racing Coilovers would help as well.

1/2 second IS a lot of time when it comes down to it at the Drag Strip.

Good luck on your Fishing Boat ...lol... [seems that Fish are a lot smarter than me, never had any luck at all catching them ]

Rep for fellow racer looking for better times.

The front end does lift some. Not as much as other cars but it does. I think she will lift more as the back end gets more traction and really launches her out the hole.

I also forgot to mention that I run stock tires in the front and NT05r at the track.

I pump up the front tires to 40 psi to help shift some of the weight to the back (it's minimal but I believe it helps some). The back drag radials are dropped anywhere from 25-20 psi while hot. I swap my rears out at home on the lift then drive to the drag strip on them. By the time I get there and pass Tech, they have long been warmed. I drop the rear psi then.

Fishing is fun with or without catching fish. You got to think of it in a different perspective that's all. I see it as going to the local food joint like a streak house and ordering a steak and beer. You have a good time and enjoy the food you PAID for. This is equivalent of going out fishing. You go and enjoy the relaxing and comradely of other fishers BS of catches from past outing. Now back to the eatery to continue with my analogy. So you're at the food joint and ready to order that steak and beer. You're thinking "life's good" as your preparing to slop up all the food you will get when your waitress comes. The only thing is she is Killer HOT!! So not you damn good meal comes with damn good scenery and a nice smile. Well that hottie that happen to be there is the equivalent of cathing a fish while out fishing. You were already out having a chillaxing time but then BAM!! you got something on the line, instant action!

So i guess it's just a different way of catching fish? Land fish and water fish?

Anyhoo, back on track. When you get everything set up, report back with the results both good and bad. It would be nice to know if all the $$is worth the upgrade for my goal of 11's

YzGyz
YzGyz is offline   Reply With Quote