View Single Post
Old 10-08-2016, 09:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Z&I
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370z 6MT FI
Z&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv129 View Post
Curious...

If your car is dedicated for drag racing, would it be a possible idea to run a longer rear spring (with a height adjustable adapter if needed) to bump your rear height a little, resulting in positive camber, and therefore settling to close to 0 camber while accelerating?

Or just adjust static camber to positive, and settle to closer to 0 while accelerating?
Thanks for the input - it is thought provoking,

The car is still Street/Strip ... and will have to see how it all settles out when I get it back from the shop.
Just enough time left for a few passes at the track before I have to winter it in again.
Will evaluate and see where I need and want to go with it.

Right now it's at '0' camber on stock suspension via camber kit...which helped.
I had been getting a pretty good contact patch with the 19" and M/T DRII's, just a lot of squat.

Have now changed to 17" with 305/45-17 M/T ET Street R's.

Aside from considering the stiffer Drag Coilovers - The direction I am going for now is a slightly higher front [rather than higher rear] for [hopefully] better weight transfer.

Still might have a little time to do some experimenting with the dedicated Drag Racing coilovers but was hoping that someone else had already blazed the trail.

Last edited by Z&I; 10-08-2016 at 10:18 PM.
Z&I is offline   Reply With Quote