View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 03:56 PM   #4513 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VABAM View Post
Both are great mags, can't go wrong with either. However in general I have seen and heard more bad things about the Lancer than the Pmag. Keep in mind that the Pmag is in more wide use than the Lancer and a variation of the Pmag, the Emag, was purchased by the Brits MOD for use in their SA80 rifle. You'll find fan boys and haters for both mags and plenty of videos proving they are right.

I have both and use them for different purposes and neither have malfunctioned on me. I use Pmags for 5.56 and Lancers for 300BLK. Lancers are more 300BLK friendly due to their ability to hold rounds with longer OAL. Some 300BLK loads can be slightly longer than 5.56 thus causing feed issues in Pmags. For me using 2 different mags for 5.56 and 300BLK is a good way of keeping them separate while at the range because it is possible under the right conditions to fire a 300BLK in a 5.56.

If you have 40 minutes to burn I would suggest watching Nutnfancy's AR mag review vid. I trust his opinion more than other online reviews because his data tends to be more real world than other "Tacticool" reviewers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ynHHSnKUy0
I use both as well. I carry Magpul 40 round p mags and lancer 30 rounders. I trust both equally. But I just like that you don't have to worry about stretching the feed lips if you leave them loaded indefinitely. The only issue I've heard with lancers were the 2013 recalls where L5's were collapsing. But they issued a recall and they've been perfect since.

I did burn through nutnfancy review of mags. He's for the most part fairly impartial and on my top list of gun reviews.

I think Mr.Guns n gear is very good too. Like I said.... Magpul are excellent. The L5 AWM construction and weight is phenomenal. I know Magpul are the most widely used as Glock is the most widely owned. But sometimes you just find a product that just so happens to be better. Even if ever so slightly?