View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 12:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
axmea?
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: WELL ZED PW 6MT
axmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty_ View Post
Thanks for the reply, that's the kind of info I'm looking for. I've also been considering a 996 Carrera and one of the reasons is because of the refinements, not to mention the enjoyment driving them brings. Just not sure I want to pay to play that game right now. I feel much more comfortable with the Z financially.

What mileage should I expect out of a stock clutch? And are mods worth much on top of the NADA/KBB value?

Thanks,
Matt

Can't speak to cost of driving a 996. A stock clutch will last long on a Z. It's the CSC that goes out. Mine went just before 12k and went through 2 OEMs (under warranty) before switching over to an aftermarket solution. So I am on my third. Some had gone out sooner.

When dealers or jobbers buy a used car, they don't put any value on mods installed by the seller and they are usually sol BUT they turn around and use the exact same mod to "up" the value on the car they are selling it. If you know about the MOD and understand the value of what the previous owner put in the car then it is on you to figure if that is a worthwhile addition to the cost. For example, if I see a big brake kit on a base Z or a Fast Intentions exhaust or a Stillen intake then I'd call that a good upgrade. If you see a wrap or a tint or even some type of aftermarket wheels I would barter with the dealer. Good luck.

>MyZ's Album< NISMO Convert/ECUTEK/Takeda CAI/F.I. HFC NR CB Carbon/F.I. 34 Row Oil Cooler/4.08 Final Drive /Powertrix+Swifts/Hotchkis/SPL/Whiteline/TWM/Zoom Engineering/EVO-R/AeroJacket Vented CF Fenders + CF Spoiler/Avant Garde-WORK/NST/Morimoto Halo/STi Clear Lenses/Carbon Signal Automotive/RJM Performance/ZSpeed Clutch Flywheel CSC delete
axmea? is offline   Reply With Quote