View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 05:31 PM   #24 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
Mine trip in my 350Z at 29 lbs. so 30 doesn't seem an unreasonable point to trip at.
Yes, they trip right at 29 in my experience (despite the manual saying 27). Try to keep them between 32 and 35 cold.

And yes, Nitrogen changes volumetric pressure with temperature at the same rate as regular air, you have to adjust your tire pressures just as often as the rest of us. The main reason to use nitrogen IMO is to avoid the water vapor, which causes problem when the tire temperatures start reaching 140 degrees or more, i.e. when racing. On the street - it doesn't do diddly squat.
ChrisSlicks is offline   Reply With Quote