View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 06:07 PM   #4512 (permalink)
VABAM
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with VDC off.
VABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
Let's talk Mag biz for a second. There's a lot of products that claim to be game changers but these lancer L5 AWM mags make Magpul seem like ancient history. The strength and durability of these mags rival steel mags at a third more weight. Check them out guys.
Both are great mags, can't go wrong with either. However in general I have seen and heard more bad things about the Lancer than the Pmag. Keep in mind that the Pmag is in more wide use than the Lancer and a variation of the Pmag, the Emag, was purchased by the Brits MOD for use in their SA80 rifle. You'll find fan boys and haters for both mags and plenty of videos proving they are right.

I have both and use them for different purposes and neither have malfunctioned on me. I use Pmags for 5.56 and Lancers for 300BLK. Lancers are more 300BLK friendly due to their ability to hold rounds with longer OAL. Some 300BLK loads can be slightly longer than 5.56 thus causing feed issues in Pmags. For me using 2 different mags for 5.56 and 300BLK is a good way of keeping them separate while at the range because it is possible under the right conditions to fire a 300BLK in a 5.56.

If you have 40 minutes to burn I would suggest watching Nutnfancy's AR mag review vid. I trust his opinion more than other online reviews because his data tends to be more real world than other "Tacticool" reviewers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ynHHSnKUy0