View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 09:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
NOLA
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Nismo
NOLA is on a distinguished road

- Brake Pad Bedding-
So I re-bedded the pads on my way to work about 3-4 times of 45mph to almost 5mph. Then 6-8 times 60mph and hard breaking to about 10mph.
Once I finished, I wasn't in an area to get to the speed it usually vibrates when not breaking and the traffic was heavy enough that I couldn't get a feel of brake vibration from that high coasting speed.

- Brake Calipers -
After bedding my brakes, I have some leakage on the FL caliper from the top bleeder screw. I will order new bleeder screws, Z1 brake lines, and a re-seal kit for all my calipers to rebuild them. It may not solve the symptoms but it will fix the leakage and will eliminate any possible issues with the caliper(s).

- Suspension Parts -
Meanwhile, I have been looking through the forum about sway bar end links and suspension components being worn out/needing grease. Note: I don't have uneven tire wear and my tires are a year only with roughly 15,000 miles on them. I am considering greasing my joints (hope that solves issue before I purchase parts) because I also have clunking in the front end when I'm driving on rough road.

- Driveline -
I did notice that my differential bushing is leaking, so I will be ordering the kit from Z1 Motorsports and I will use the DIY in the forum.
My rear axle had clicking a year ago and it was torqued by Nissan. Well, now that's back, likely due to the stress from a bad diff bushing. So I'll be torquing that myself.