View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 03:02 AM   #33 (permalink)
Ventruck
Track Member

Drives: '13 Sport+Touring M6
Ventruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billibob22 View Post
No change. Clutch pressure all good so far with no change in fluid level.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hate to be a **** and/or fear-monger, but the fact you have to be attentive of it kinda makes the point that you should act on the replacement as soon as possible.

When I got my Z, it was a little sooner than I expected because I wanted to be ready to do the cylinder and clutch work off the bat. The car was just too good of a deal.

But anyway, I remember being mad paranoid about failure after knowing how common/inevitable it is, and the nature of how it can spontaneously occur even as soon as rolling off the showroom floor. In the last week before I could finally get the job done, I had some sticky pedal instances. And before that, the car did experience a clutch fluid leak a few hundred miles before under the original owner.

Some shops were like "just wait until it fails". Lol yeah right. Like I'd want to get stranded on the road, pay for the tow, and added downtime vs. just getting it over with on a set day and less spending overall.