View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 06:35 PM   #5010 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey View Post
New DD purchased 3 weeks ago... 1300 miles on the odometer... Today I found 7 hail dents in the hood, 2 in the trunk.

The funny thing is, it hasn't hailed here in months.

But, the first ding I saw in the trunk is SO ******* obvious, there is no way it was there before today.

It's not so much that I have to get a brand new car PDR'ed it's that I have no idea why or how. Like, it pretty much had to be that way when I bought it, or someone vandalized it. I'm not sure how you vandalize a car to look like hail dents and ding a car without scratching it so I'm guessing it was that way when I bought it, but how the hell can that be, I can't unsee this ding on the trunk, I look at the ******* trunk like 4 times every time I drive the car every day for the last two days GOD DAMN I AM SO ******* PISSED RIGHT NOW.

OK back to your happy thoughts now.
if it's shallow it's an easy fix for a PDR tech. do you park under a tree? ive heard of squirrels dropping stuff on the car and it dents the panels. its pretty crazy.

my GTI's got road wounds too already. tiny dent on the quarter arch line. cant PDR and being a black car i can see it from a faking mile away. i ended up spot bondoing it, wet sanded, and applied a matte black bandaid decal over it as my car is a comical shape to begin with. did the same on the other side to make it look like i meant to do it.

i was faking pissed too, but den looked at my dent/chip-free STI and 370Z and thought... dis is wat dd's are all about.

but on my ride, the whole faking side needs to be painted so i didnt feel like going through dat just yet. might get it fixed down the road, not sure. it's a dd, i dont care.