View Single Post
Old 09-28-2016, 09:16 AM   #29 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber370 View Post
Hmmm...........I guess I'm the only one not noticing any significant shifting problems with my car. The rev-match feature took me a little bit of time to digest since I was used to doing it myself on my previous car (2003 Corvette). But, once I embraced the fact that the car will handle the heel and toeing, I find it quite nice. I did try turning it off a few times but soon discovered that it did a better job during downshifts than I could ever do.
If there was on thing I would change would be eliminating the rev-matching during upshifts. I think it wasn't necessary and can cause some shifts to be unsmooth because people have to re-learn to engage the clutch while throttle is applied.
I don't have an issue either. Mine doesn't have rev-match, so I'm not sure what I'm doing differently than everyone else. The only time I have wonky shifts is when I have a brain fade and forget to put the damn clutch in before trying to hit 2nd or 3rd....