View Single Post
Old 09-27-2016, 09:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jinxx
Track Member

Drives: 2017 nismo 370z
Jinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfkiddio View Post
Check the axles. There is a TSB for the 350z, but Nissan never issued one for the 370z. It causes clicking from stops or low speeds. The fix is to re-grease the face of the axle that mounts to the hub on the rear with a special grease. It's a Molykote grease, with the name being Dow Corning Molykote M77 paste. It's not cheap for the size, but it's the only one you want to use.

Here is a link to the 350z fix. The 370 is basically the same, with the difference being the axle nut torque being different depending on which version of axle nut you have.
Clicking Noise from Rear Axle, - MY350Z.COM Forums

I will also say my brand new OEM hubs click under heavier loading, but I have never had any issues out of them from it. The old ones did it for awhile, then stopped. The new ones did it as well, now it's starting to fade away.

The noise is strange ... it's a clicking/creaking depending on how hard I accelerate or brake .. I have noticed it at higher speeds going over railroad tracked .. but the most is when turning and accelerating ... it's not so much the motion from forward or backward it seems to the up and down of the front end that I can replicate it
Jinxx is offline   Reply With Quote