View Single Post
Old 09-27-2016, 12:32 PM   #59 (permalink)
CedzZ34
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370z
CedzZ34 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larso1 View Post
Don't want to bash a GM muscle car, but the late model GTO's were not only the end of a GM model badge, but on top of that were an Ausie production model used to reduce development costs for an American product. I have serious reservations about the future collectibility of these imports. Hey, how about a '69 Firebird with built up 400ci and 4-spd?? Oh yah! (YMMV)
Not necessarily. The new Camaros are basically the GTO that has been reworked. Pontiac then carried it over to the G8 in a 4 door model, and the new Chevy SS is basically the same thing as the G8. The fact that it was the last 2 door V8 car that Pontiac produced and the fact that Pontiac is no longer in business means well for the collectibility (<- is that a word?) of the car in the future... I carry a heavy hand in the muscle car market, and have a pretty keen eye when it comes to collectibles and their future value. I currently own a 1970 GS 455 Stage1, a 70 Ford Torino Cobra 429, a 1969 Road Runner Convertible 4sp A/C (1 of 17 produced), and a 71 Cuda. Over $200,000 worth of vintage muscle cars, and I got there by knowing what to buy, and what to sell at the right time. My Pops and I restored everything except the GS, and are currently restoring the Cuda ourselves. No way I could own these cars by buying them outright...

I do like your idea of a 69 Firebird, though... My Pops used to own a 1967 Camaro SS 375hp 396...

Last edited by CedzZ34; 09-27-2016 at 12:42 PM.
CedzZ34 is offline   Reply With Quote