View Single Post
Old 09-26-2016, 06:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
NRGz
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 Z. 06 Zx636
NRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismonerd View Post
If you're using AN 10 fittings, you'll need a 1 in wrench. Make sure the bolt holding your sandwich plate is torqued per your instructions, mine was 20ft lbs. install the hose AN fitting that is hardest to get a wrench on first. Start it by hand getting as many turns as you can to ensure you're not cross threaded. Then use the wrench to snug it up. You may need to hold the sandwich plate with your other hand to keep it from rotating. Then install the other AN fitting by hand as you did the first. Use the wrench and hold the sandwich plate to keep it from rotating. If you've properly torqued the sandwich plate bolt, it should stay where you want it. You may be trying to over tighten the AN fittings.

Thank you. I hand tightened with my strength for the AN fittings then wrenched it one by one.. I tried to use alot of force; but not enough so that I will strip anything. Wish they had a TQ # for the AN fittings. I TQ the sandwich plate to the desired level per manual.. It was 25 i believe.

It was hard to wrench down the second fitting due to space and size of my wrenches as well as me lying down for it lol.

Sort of wished i could find a short hose with the AN fittings on both sides so i could have 2-3 inches attached to the sandwich then install the lines to it. But all is well for now. Went for a few spirited runs ~10 miles and checked again, no leaks. Everything is going to go back on

Almost 100 degrees today, oil temp sits @ 190-200. Saw 210 for a breif moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NRGz is offline   Reply With Quote