View Single Post
Old 09-26-2016, 02:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
NRGz
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 Z. 06 Zx636
NRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Engine bay loud(er) after Oilcooler

I installed a Z1 19 row oilcooler.. After idling to temp, no leaks were shown. Went out for a 5 minute drive, short in town drive and smelt burning oil.
Went back home and checked under; saw small leaks at the AN fittings where it attaches to the sandwich plate; so i removed the plate and the AN fittings to tighten up everything a little better.

Did anyone else have a hard time screwing in the lines to the sandwich plate? I didnt have much wiggle room to tighten the fittings without screwing up the angle of the plate and line to install. How did you do it?

Anyways, after my best try if trying to tighten up everything with a monkey wrench (i didnt have a 25mm/1inch wrench) i checked the oil level and filled to right below the HIGH line of the dipstick.

I started it up for 5 minutes to let the oil go back into the lines from it draining and reinstalling. 2 hours later i checked the level and it sat right between the LOW and MIDDLE. I added enough oil to sit a little above the middle line after 30 minutes of adding oil and started it up.
The engine bay seems louder now, is it suppose to be louder with an oil cooler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NRGz is offline   Reply With Quote