View Single Post
Old 09-25-2016, 10:00 AM   #26 (permalink)
MadSciSnails
Base Member

Drives: '14 370z, 94 300zxTT
MadSciSnails is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopsZ View Post
GTO 6.0L performance is rather lack-luster considering the size of the engine and the small amount of power it produces (only 400 hp) which is typical of American V8's. You can typically find smaller German or Japanese V6's that make the same or more power.

The GTO is rated to do 0-60 mph in 4.6 sec. The Z can do it in 4.5 sec.

The GTO is rated to do the 1/4 mile in 13.5 sec. The Z can do it in 12.9 sec.

In a drag race (stop light warrior), those don't look like winning numbers to me.

With that in mind, I have no idea what MadSciSnails was thinking when he said "If your into the stop light warrior scene you will not be happy with the z".

Plus, the Z is a hell of a lot better looking, better built, lighter, and can go around corners with ease.

But, you all know what they say about opinions...

I'm not referring to the car in its stock form. As was stated I'm referring to the gains received dollar for dollar in mods. If you know how to use a wrench 2500 dollars puts you well above the 500 mark with that old Pontiac. That can't be said for the 370. Also without question the Z is far better looking. Through time the Z cars have always been some of the best looking cars on the market IMO. That like most other things is in the eye of the beholder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MadSciSnails is offline   Reply With Quote