View Single Post
Old 09-24-2016, 10:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
solteroblues
Base Member

Drives: 2012 370Z
solteroblues is on a distinguished road
Default another steering wheel controls issue (Help! Please!)

I've searched the forums and I've found a ton of threads about this, so I'm sorry, but it doesn't seem that any of them solve my problem.

I bought the Pioneer App Radio 4, and I have a '12 370 Base. I also bought the ASWC-1 steering wheel controller because everything I've seen on here, this is the one that most people have had success with. I took it to a local professional shop to have it all installed on a Saturday. They couldn't get the adapter to work at all, so they had a PAC something or another in their shop, and they couldn't get that to work either. They spent about 8 hours on my install and couldn't get either to work, so they told me to bring it back in during the week so they could call tech support. They also said that they would try one of the older PAC units that doesn't have the automatic programming function, but that it usually works without issues, they just needed to order it.

So I took it back this week, after they got the new (old style) PAC adapter. After fooling with it for 4 hours, they tried all 3 different adapters, and still couldn't get anything to work. They called tech support for both PAC and the ASWC-1, they tried two different PAC units, I showed them the threads on here of how others have gotten it to work, but still to no avail. The tech support for either company hasn't been of any help at all...

Do you have any idea what they could be doing wrong? At this point, I think it's the shop that has the issue, but they are doing all of the extra work for free... but I am getting tired of taking it back to them. I don't even know for sure what kind of issues they're having, but I don't think they can even get a single button working, unlike some people that have at least gotten the volume to work. They want me to bring it back for a third time when the owner will be back next week, so I want to be able to give them some kind of installation steps to make it work!

Thanks!
solteroblues is offline   Reply With Quote