View Single Post
Old 09-24-2016, 07:04 AM   #4370 (permalink)
b15
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 4drz
b15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
I would go with the connecting flight options. Traffic around LAX is very heavy at almost any time of day. The other downside to LAX is the fact that all rental car companies are off-site. You need to factor in waiting for the shuttle, riding on the shuttle through all the terminals and associated traffic, etc.

It can take 30 minutes or more to get to the rental car to pick up, then there's traffic waiting to check the car out.

I am not a fan of lying into LAX as my final -- connecting through LAX is OK though.

I hope this helps.
Thanks!

I won't be renting a car this time around I'll leave that to the other team members and we'll share. This client is SUPER tight on their expenses so I will be taking an uber from either airport.

My biggest concern was LAX itself and 405 traffic. I'll probably try both routes.

On the upside of connecting..... I'll get more segments too! Not that status means much nowadays when Joe schmoe can get a credit card and be automatic group 2. I won't even start with precheck lately