View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 09:08 PM   #218 (permalink)
LiquidZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mag. Black 2009 370Z
LiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsramzy View Post
I am about to run amsoil next change 0w 30 as well due to the crazy cold temps that kicked up here.

I would double check ur filter. Amsoil tech line specifically said they dont make a filter for the 370z. You can get a WIX filter but supposedly they are not meant to be used for extended drain intervals
Bsramzy, I apologize for the confusion. Allow me to clarify:

Amsoil requires the use of an Amsoil EAO oil filter if you are to use extended drain intervals. I strongly recommend customers to not use extended drain intervals without first having an oil analysis done to see how your engine is responding to a certain oil and how its wearing. This is where I think there was some confusion. Since I suggested not to use extended drain intervals without further testing, one might infer that I didn't recommend using an Amsoil EAO oil filter. With this in mind, I suggested using a Wix filter for the time being until you were able to conduct an oil analysis. Not to mention, at the time of your inquiry, I could not find an Amsoil EAO filter that fit the 370Z. Amsoil continuously updates their website so it is possible I could not find the filter at the time. I called Amsoil tech support to find the correct oil filter, but after about 15 minutes on the phone, the representative could not find one.

Now, after a few weeks, I was able to find a corresponding Amsoil EAO filter by cross referencing the K&N part number. This is what forum member pbpd4816 is referring to.

I hope this clarifies things. In conclusion, you can't go wrong with Amsoil's EAO filter. They make excellent oil filters.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions and sorry for the confusion!