View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 06:52 PM   #34 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopsZ View Post
When I got my Z, I got the proper Z... You know, the one with a 6-speed manual transmission and without that useless syncro rev-match. With 25+ years driving experience, my brain knows when to tell my right foot to apply enough throttle for a proper rev-match when downshifting.

And there's no "set" rpm to downshift into. It all depends on the situation. Likewise for which gear you need to drop into. Just because you're in 5th gear doesn't exactly mean you have to or need to drop into 4th next. Sometimes, you have to go right into 3rd or maybe even 2nd straight from 5th (emergency situations). Try doing that with a lousy automatic transmission.

Again... Many years driving experience with a proper transmission.
so u didnt have enough cash to buy the sport trim, huh?
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote