Thread: 370z new owner
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 04:59 PM   #23 (permalink)
subterfuge242
Base Member

Drives: Black 09 Lexus IS350
subterfuge242 is on a distinguished road
Default 16 and Sports Cars . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370zhereicome View Post
hi dwsq i had a quick question okay
i was wondering do you think this car will be okay for my son because me and his father told him if he get a scholarship i will get him one a he is a mature kid he is 16. but this will be his first actual car he drove my pt cruiser and i want to know do you think this car has too much power to handle for such a you person.
or is it okay
thank you
Wow - I just cannot wrap my head around a 16 year old being given a 330 hp+ sports car. The two main reasons being; at that age you simply do not have the requisite road experience inorder to handle a performance car. Two, there is something to be said, as alot of us "older guys" can attest to, for earning your own set of wheels. Especially something you will cherish like the Z. Academic accomplishment and emotional maturity do not equate to mature driving skills and a healthy appreciatiion for the machine you are piloting

I'm 35 now but had a 1980 Oldsmobile Cutlass that handled like a tank when I was 16 or so. Honestly, I'm sure I would of wrapped myself around a tree a couple of times if I had access to that kind of power and handling at that age. It does feel good to know that the 370Z I will soon be purchasing will be due to of my own success and acheivements, plus I probably won't wreck it in the first month.

Just my 2 cents. Cheers.
subterfuge242 is offline   Reply With Quote