View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Matt
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Avalanche LT
Matt is just really niceMatt is just really niceMatt is just really niceMatt is just really nice

The Camaro is very nice, not gonna lie....from the outside.

I sat inside it and felt very underwhelmed. When I sit in my Z, I feel like I'm in a sports car. I feel like I'm already going blistering fast and I haven't even started the car yet. When I sat in the Camaro, I really felt that I was still back in the 90's. The ambient lighting is ok in the Camaro, but looks like they only half completed it, when compared to the Buick's ambient lighting. The gauges are horrid compared to the Z. The steering column telescopes, which the Z doesn't, but the cluster does not move when the steering wheel is adjusted, which the Z does.

The stock exhaust note of the Camaro reminds me of my Mercury Tracer...non existent, especially for a V8 (2SS).

You mentioned the engine won't break in the Camaro. While every car has it's problems, thus far the engine in the Camaro seems to have more issues than the Z. Long term, nobody really knows, but these VQ's seem to be well-built.

The Camaro mods a little better than the Z, from what I've heard, as it's a V8. Bolt ons and a tune sky rocket the already high Hp/Torque numbers, where as the Z really doesn't get a whole lot, being a V6 NA car from the factory.

The back seat and trunk offer the illusion of more space, comfort and convenience, but really just make the car bigger than it should be. The backseat has zero leg room if the front passengers are over 5'9, which is great if you have a couple car seats back there and nothing else. The trunk is more of a 2nd glove box, albeit bigger than the cubby hole of a glove box they gave us in the Z.

The 2SS is going to win at the traffic light sprints, if that is what you're going for.

The Z is going to win, in my opinion if your ultimate goal is to create a driving experience you're going to remember and cherish for a long time.

"Any man who can drive a 370z while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the Z the attention it deserves." Albert Einstein....modified.

Last edited by Matt; 01-06-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote