View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 05:24 PM   #4557 (permalink)
VABAM
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with VDC off.
VABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuebara14 View Post
Well damn the fact that we can't bring our own parts is a killer for me. I can understand if it's a used part but if it's brand new there shouldn't be any hesitation reason why shops do that is so that they can add on a profit for ordering parts for you when you can do it yourself, I saved $300 by ordering my clutch kit myself instead of having the shop do it.
I agree it is a little bit of a bummer but after witnessing some of the customers he has to deal with it is understandable. I agree sometimes you can miss out good deals but on the flip side he has gotten me deals on parts too. One time he saved me $500+ on a part.

I've been at his shop when a guy showed up a with a new part wanting it to be installed, this is back when he used to install customer provided parts. The part was not the correct version and the customer argued that it was. It came out that he got his info from a forum. In the end after wasting almost a hour of my friends time he left in a huff only to come back 2 months later to have his Z fixed because the incorrect part caused serious damage to his Z. This happens regularly.

He got sick of dealing with forum mechanics, poor quality parts, etc. so he adopted the policy. He has plenty of business so the customers he losses due to the policy doesn't affect him that much.