View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 12:26 AM   #20 (permalink)
Ventruck
Track Member

Drives: '13 Sport+Touring M6
Ventruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGz View Post
Idle seems just a taad bit higher on startup.. Which could be good or bad depending on your set up.; too loud of an exhaust? Car warms up faster?

Up in the Shasta area, been seeing mildy cold mornings but 95+ in the afternoon.
On a good day of about 80-90 degrees im seeing temps under 220. Not sure if because the fan is kicking on earlier is helping or just the weather. Though did see 230 degrees on the oil temp today on a 45 minute commute of traffic slow and go.
As for idling, im currently @ 190 degrees idling at about 600rpm waiting in line for food lol

Everything is still good. I currently dont have new mods for a new tune or a datalog tune as im still debating a SC sometime in the near future.
Buttdyno feels smoother power as well as power output when your already rolling.

Off topic; i do realize that i have lost some power on the low/midish range when I switched out stock intake for Stillen g3(untuned).I feel LITTLE to no difference even with the tune; could be placebo effect due to the throttle mapping?

Map Switching is nice. I run map 2 (good for under 95 degrees per say) in the morning and at night. Map one for noon to afternoon. Map two feels alot better on the shifting as well as power; then again could be to the colder weather.

Throttle is still nice. Though would probably like to dumb it down ~5%. I still find myself doing some ankle work to not 'take off' from a stop. During spirited runs in the backyard i still need to get used to the throttle. You need..i dont want to say little nor do i want to say alot of throttle for the rpm to start climbing. In the backyard, im still hesitant of applying too much throttle in a curve so I go with what im comfortable with.

Gas mileage has no effect on ME. Im not too worried about what im guzzling up. Its a Z. I drive it how I always dreamed of driving it during my "2 year waiting period." And of course, its a Z. I drive it how its set up to be. Its my baby, but its also something else . Speaking of gas, I contacted SZ after about 2-3 weeks of playing with the tune to see if they could make my map #2 a little more agressive due to running it in colder weather. Response was that pump gas of 91 could only take you so far. It could be more aggressive if you are running race gas.

Currently im still playing with traction control as well as RPM setting. Trying to get the 'best launch' for when i decide to visit the drag.

I dont know much about the 6mt package. I know you get launch control and a little more. I do recommend the data log option to get the most out of it if you have alot of breathing mods and if theres no dynos around you. (Sz was the most reputable in terms of reviews for ecutek from what I found. They are 10-12 hours away from me)

I kind of purchased it on an impulse buy as i had some spare change and wanted to inch something out of it for my current mods. Again, only got stillen g3 and a custom exhaust that already came with the car.

These are just my opinions of my experiences. Hope i didnt leave anything out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the elaborate response.

On the note of map switching, how do you know what map you're using? Is the HUD programmed to display it somewhere? Nevermind, found Seb's video. Clever

Right now I'm on tubes and drop-ins (so arguably stock). I'm really just looking at the gains/dollar with the off the shelf tune in respect to overall driving experience. Power across the board, flat-foot shifting, and response.

I may or may not go for an exhaust down the road, so I may fork over for the data logging only then if that happens.

Last edited by Ventruck; 09-20-2016 at 12:37 AM.
Ventruck is offline   Reply With Quote