View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 11:29 PM   #280 (permalink)
Swindler
Base Member

Drives: 2014 370Z PW Manual
Swindler is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltullos View Post
Congrats on your determination to get started! I doubt very much if you will be disappointed; and if you're like most, you will be looking to book your second one on the way home.

If you are doing this in cool weather, you can probably get away without the oil cooler for this first one, and stock brake pads should work OK so long as you have at least 50% left on them. Changing fluids is certainly recommended, and I would have that done by a competent shop that can also do your tech inspection.

For your first event, there are so many things to learn that you should resist the urge to push it and instead just concentrate on what your instructor is telling you (I assume you'll have one for each session). If you'll concentrate on keeping your head up to look through the turns instead of driving cone to cone, and being smooth; you'll be far ahead of the guys that are trying to be fastest. And, don't forget to relax and breath (which may be the most difficult part to learn). Hope you have a great time and let us know how it went.

Thanks for the support and the tips! That sounds good. I'm looking forward to it. I'll have to wait just a few months before i can do it since I have some other things I have to pay for first before setting aside money for the class. Otherwise I would do it right away. So after the fluid change can I keep the brake and clutch fluid in there for daily use or will I have to switch back to previous fluid? Or will I have to change fluid again after one light track day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Swindler is offline   Reply With Quote