View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 09:40 PM   #279 (permalink)
ltullos
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2016 Nismo Tech MT
ltullos is a jewel in the roughltullos is a jewel in the roughltullos is a jewel in the roughltullos is a jewel in the rough

Congrats on your determination to get started! I doubt very much if you will be disappointed; and if you're like most, you will be looking to book your second one on the way home.

If you are doing this in cool weather, you can probably get away without the oil cooler for this first one, and stock brake pads should work OK so long as you have at least 50% left on them. Changing fluids is certainly recommended, and I would have that done by a competent shop that can also do your tech inspection.

For your first event, there are so many things to learn that you should resist the urge to push it and instead just concentrate on what your instructor is telling you (I assume you'll have one for each session). If you'll concentrate on keeping your head up to look through the turns instead of driving cone to cone, and being smooth; you'll be far ahead of the guys that are trying to be fastest. And, don't forget to relax and breath (which may be the most difficult part to learn). Hope you have a great time and let us know how it went.
ltullos is offline   Reply With Quote