View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 07:28 PM   #278 (permalink)
Swindler
Base Member

Drives: 2014 370Z PW Manual
Swindler is on a distinguished road
Default Track Day Best Practices - MUST READ

I plan on tracking for the first time soon and will take the hooked on driving class. I don't expect to be driving very hard my first time. I understand it is recommended to:

-change clutch fluid and brake fluid to Motul RBF600

-upgrade brake pads to carbotech X10 front/8 rear

-get on oil cooler

Those seem like they are the main things. But for the first class would I be ok going stock? I wouldn't even be able to do those upgrades myself, id have to go to a shop every time, which is ok but will add up quickly especially being for just the first experience. Also I have HR 20mm stud replacement spacers all around. Is that ok as long as just the lugs are torqued correctly before i start?

Ive always been really interested in doing this but haven't ever done it because I've been overwhelmed with all the things id have to have done since I don't even know how to do it myself, just to get track ready. But I'm really determined to finally get started and I'm trying to figure out everything i need to do to prepare.

Also, I've been trying to practice my rev matching but i really suck at heel toe. Would it be recommended to not use synchro rev match while on the track or is it fine?

Last edited by Swindler; 09-18-2016 at 09:26 PM.
Swindler is offline   Reply With Quote