View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 03:51 PM   #27 (permalink)
BGTV8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
BGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo-911 View Post
Haha, I really do appreciate everyones feedback. But Im considering the fact that the rebuilt title was due to a rear end collision and not a front accident or flood damage. Front end collisions can result in engine damage + structural damage. Rear end is primary structural. And as long as it was professionally repaired, I dont see the high risk with it. The best rebuilt title imo are theft recovery vehicles. But sadly this wasnt one of them. What are your opinions? And like I said, that GT-R was gone, the next maybe different. And im just pondering now, nothing to look at since he doesnt have one.
In a rear end impact, what happens is the engine moves backwards on its mounts and the tailshaft will transmit the impact into the gearbox.

If the rear end is hit hard enough, you can see damage inside the engine to crank thrust washers, UJ issues with the driveline and in the R35 with gearbox and diff in one, issues inside the diff.

The only reason the repairer can make money out of such an accident repairer is that there are enough gullible people around to pay big money for a vehicle that was probably written off by the insurer and bought from a reclamation auction as a repair (hence "R" code).

The thing is most likely a PoS but don;t let us stop you from purchasing ... probability is that it will be a massive money pit.
BGTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote