View Single Post
Old 09-17-2016, 04:00 AM   #51 (permalink)
VitViper
Base Member

Drives: 15 370Z
VitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhill View Post
Lol ok so in still confused. If at any time you get frustrated explaining yourself just say and I'll stop but in really interested in how this works. So my ecutek tune is adjustable through cruise like yours and I assume it's just an amount of retard vs % slip.

So if yours is not doing it through timing or throttle how does it work? What happens?

Say I'm on wet/greasy surface and at a stop, I then slam throttle 100% to the floor like an armature. How does yours work to prevent slip? It has to cut power some way right? I mean if I was twin turbod 480+ torque I obviously couldn't allow all 480 down and hold it on that surface instantly or all you would have is spin right?

Sorry I'm just confused
Just settle on the fact your ECUTek map can't and won't do what the MoTeC ecu is doing. In fact I have yet to see any OEM ECU do this as they just implement VDC and the goal is just to keep you from dying and not optimizing acceleration.

Timing retard does not work. Throttle closure does not work.

We target a set driven wheel speed based on non driven speed and hold it there. The driven wheel speed must ALWAYS be a certain amount faster than non driven to have "acceleration" (otherwise you're standing still lol). When you have too much is what "overslip" or "wheel spin" -- the tire couldn't hold traction and RPM takes off and you spin. This won't ever happen with a proper M1 setup. It'll just hold. The how and why is beyond the scope of this thread, lol.

Best I can do is show you -- this is of our 910whp FWD cars (about 750 in the video). Video has a tach & vehicle speed playback part way in, you can see the RPM never breaks out into wheel spin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N2IqmAYkxw
VitViper is offline   Reply With Quote