View Single Post
Old 09-17-2016, 01:24 AM   #50 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitViper View Post
Torque has nothing to do with it. There's a set target driven speed based on a ratio off the non driven speed. Acceleration always requires some slip -- the optimal amount is the limit of the tire. You figure this out, plug it in, and it just holds you on the tire. No "error -> correct" ******** from PID or gain based systems.

And you have the ability to trim the system with the dial to adjust for wet/cold/hot changes. In the case of the Z, it'll be adjustable with the cruise buttons.
Lol ok so in still confused. If at any time you get frustrated explaining yourself just say and I'll stop but in really interested in how this works. So my ecutek tune is adjustable through cruise like yours and I assume it's just an amount of retard vs % slip.

So if yours is not doing it through timing or throttle how does it work? What happens?

Say I'm on wet/greasy surface and at a stop, I then slam throttle 100% to the floor like an armature. How does yours work to prevent slip? It has to cut power some way right? I mean if I was twin turbod 480+ torque I obviously couldn't allow all 480 down and hold it on that surface instantly or all you would have is spin right?

Sorry I'm just confused
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote