View Single Post
Old 09-16-2016, 03:49 PM   #30 (permalink)
NRGz
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 Z. 06 Zx636
NRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhill View Post
The trans coolers are for 7at users. That downshift I have experienced once or twice myself, does it happen when you have like a very light throttle while just barely cruising down a residential street (like if you were looking for an address)? I have only had it happen maybe once or twice and it seems that your right at a load range where the trans isn't quiet sure what gear it wants. After I had a tune done I have not had this happen since as the trans seems to hold gear longer.

Is a cooler necessary? Maybe not but a Stillen at cooler is like 300.00 and a 7at trans is like 9k. So I do track my car so I give it every bit of protection I can, flushed trans at 35k with amsoil and installed cooler when I bought it and will probably to regular drain and fills every 30k after.

Just purchased a z1 19 row. Figured i might as well do an install now rather than procrastinate and never do it lol.

It happens when i come to a complete stop. I have a ecutek etune thru SZ, and revs on the auto is higher per gear. It happens when im slowing down to a light or a stop. Happens on both man mode and auto. It sort of feels like my brakes grab suddenly then slows again.
I did have pads and rotors replaced and break in was fine; dealer said everything is still straight but still couldnt find why it did that. I took the dealer mech in the passenger to show him what i meant; he couldnt figure it out.. All he did was recommend me for a full on full inspection which would run me alot of money.. But couldnt find the courage to do the inspection as i would worry that this could be "normal" when the temps are high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NRGz is offline   Reply With Quote