View Single Post
Old 09-16-2016, 02:07 AM   #47 (permalink)
VitViper
Base Member

Drives: 15 370Z
VitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhill View Post
Could you elaborate on what you mean by it's a target driven traction control with a feedback. So in other words my wheels are slipping what happens now? In a conventional system it cuts timing and throttle to cut power until traction is regained, what does the stand alone do different to regain traction?
The goal of any good TC system is to run the car at the limit at the tire without hurting acceleration. The M1 does this with ease.

The stock ECU sucks at this, as it's designed to keep you from wrecking and nothing more.

ECUTek will never touch the logic in the motec, I've already spent a lot of time adjusting settings and with a turbo car you'll still spin the tire (especially 1st gear) even if you pull AALL the timing out of it (this motor just makes a ton of torque with twins lol). I have an intricate timing + throttle pull on my ECUTek map, the results are "meh" and nowhere near optimal. Better than the stock VDC, but not even 1% of a motec, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo370z View Post
So i plan to stay N/A, Hopefully in the near future I"ll be able to afford a dry sump and B.R. billet crank to build the bottom end to rev safely rev to 9k. Similar to OnPoint DYno's 350z, do you think ecu tek would be more than plenty or could this kit greatly improve tuning capabilities over ecu tek.
Yes this will in at least one facet -- you can setup a shift light module in the car to let you know when you're at 9k or higher -- the stock tach goes to 9k but the CAN bus RPM data only goes to 8400, trust me. lol

Beyond that I can't really answer that -- everyone has their own goals and needs. I just converted an 07 Civic Si to an M1 and built the car a dual fuel system firmware package for the ECU -- goes between E85 and M5 fuel at the flip of a switch in the car (4 cylinder 2.5L motor with 8 injectors, 2 pumps, 2 regulators. eg, two complete and segregated fuel systems run by the ECU based on driver demand).
VitViper is offline   Reply With Quote