View Single Post
Old 09-15-2016, 05:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
The thermostatic plate doesn't block 100% of the oil flow. If it did, you'd get a slug of cold, thick oil when it opened. So you still have 10% or so flowing through it even when closed. That means you may need a block off plate if you're seeing temps <160 when you're just cruising. Too cold oil is just as bad as too hot oil.
this ^. Not to confuse you more op but two reasons I personally went with the z1 over F.I. is that the F.I. makes you remove the factory oil to water cooler/heater/stabilizer depending who you ask. I like having it on as then the warmer water will help heat the cold oil in cooler temps, yes it may prevent you from having the most absolute cool oil possible and may be an issue of running a TT setup as it was designed to run with the F.I. kit but for NA I don't think you'll ever notice. Other reason is z1 uses -10 AN hose size just like the Nismo race cooler vs -8AN so I figure Nismo probably has a good clue about what's needed for oil flow/cooling when tracking their z's and z1 uses same size.

Either one I'm sure is great as F.I. Has a long history of good products but I thought I would just give my reasons why I chose what I chose.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote