View Single Post
Old 09-15-2016, 11:52 AM   #2683 (permalink)
ZHighlander
Base Member

Drives: 16 Nismo Tech W M6
ZHighlander will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
What makes you say that? I am all for the technology doing EVERYTHING as long as I can still drive my own car. But until then, these fuckin people are still in control of huge masses of steel on wheels, and giving them more opportunities to distract themselves is not a good thing.
I'm thinking in terms of the initial years of Autopilot, which will involve a lot of trial and error. You know there's going to be a disclaimer that the driver, while under autonomous driving, should still be alert and be prepared to take the wheel at any given time. But many will ignore that and probably play on their phone or even take a nap.

And while there are those who may fully trust autonomous driving, you're still going to have plenty of people who aren't using it, and you still have to watch out for their unpredictable behavior.

So as you say, you don't like the idea of people being completely reliant on tech, which could make them complacent, and potentially a worse driver, I see the first years of Autonomous driving being a lot of that.
ZHighlander is offline   Reply With Quote